Your privacy online is important to us. That’s why we strongly recommend that you (users and visitors) review this section carefully. Our website, BettingMalaysia.online, is always active to protect your privacy interests at all costs.
Types of Data We Collect
The areas for non-personal data include:
- Technical Data i.e., your IP address and location
- Usage pattern
- Hardware & software data (to identify the type of your device)
- The language you’re using
- Access time and closing time on our website
- Activities on our website i.e., viewed pages, engagements, actions taken, and so on.
The areas for personal data include:
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Account Password
- Website usage
Sharing of Personal Data
The data we collect on you, as in your personal data, may be shared for specific use cases. Such cases may include research purposes, disclosures, and service providers.
The first use case, as in research, is done for specialized analytics. However, we always process the data before sharing it to make it non-identifiable. We’re huge advocates of anonymity obligations, and we implement the practices very strictly.
The second use case is for disclosures. The receiving party might be the government, potential investors, or independent auditors. For this use case, we anonymize the data before sharing too. So, the parties who receive your personal information cannot identify you.
The last case is data disclosure to service providers. These companies are either working with us or working for us to make the overall experience better for you. To achieve the optimum level of efficiency, they require analytics on your browsing behavior.
When it comes to privacy online, one of the most asked questions is how long do websites retain the collected data?
As for BettingMalaysia.online, we don’t have any specified period of time to keep your data. As we already mentioned, we’re always cautious about keeping your data safe. If you’re not confident with our approach, you can always contact us via email and let us know what you want.
You are welcome to request changes in the data that we log or erase them completely. You can also disable cookies on your browser for our platform. But we highly recommend that you keep cookies enabled, as it lets us fine-tune your experience at all times.
As part of our data retention process, we always organize and update our database. We have no use for incomplete data. If you’re not aware, processing data in the right way is crucial to avoid errors during disclosure or sharing.
If you’re looking for a specific timeline on how long we keep your data, we can’t put an exact pin on it. We keep the information no longer than the necessary period. The “necessary” aspect includes obligations like taxes, accounting, and legal operations.
Protecting Your Data
The purpose of SSL encryption is to safeguard the transmission of data between your browser and our servers. You can rest assured that no 3rd party can intercept the data from outside the network.
As Malaysia doesn’t allow local online gambling sites, we need to transfer your information to our data centers via secure channels. Also, we have to consider the taxation laws in your country. Some other ways we protect your data include:
- Adopting particular contracts approved by the government or other applicable gambling commission.
- We cannot transfer your data to businesses for marketing purposes.
It’s no news that websites require cookies to keep the site experience relevant to the users. Our website also collects cookies from you (users) to provide you with an unforgettable experience.
Once you land on your site for the first time, you should receive a pop-up notification regarding the acceptance of cookies. You can either approve all cookies by simply clicking on the button or customize what cookies you want to enable.
There are three main types of cookies that we use.
- Persistent Cookies: These are collected for the long run, and their purpose is to give us an idea of how you interact with our services. We also share these with 3rd party service providers who use the data to analyze our target audience.
- Session Cookies: These cookies collect information on the fly as you enter our website. And when you close it, these cookies are deleted. They help keep the website smooth and glitch-free for the duration.
- 3rd Party Cookies: These cookies are approved by our technical team but are not created by us. Rather, the 3rd party services providers who work for or with us create them, and they’re stored for longer periods for research purposes.
You’re always welcome to customize what cookies you want to enable. At the same time, you can completely disable it or delete it later by clearing the cache on your browser. Here at BettingMalaysia.online, we believe you should be the one in control of your data.
Legal Age of the Users
In Malaysia, the legal age for gambling is 18. As our website promotes gambling services offered by betting sites and online casinos, the minimum age to use our website is also 18. If you’re not of legal age, please be advised not to use any of our services.
Also, if we determine that you’re underage according to the information we collect on you, we have the right to restrict your IP address from accessing our website.